The Agriculture, Food, and Human Values Society (AFHVS) invites submissions from undergraduate and graduate students to the 2021 AFHVS Student Research Paper Awards. The papers can come from students in a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds and should be on some topic of relevance to the Society’s focus. See more details in the full Call for Papers.
Winners will be invited/expected to present their paper at the June 2021 virtual conference co-hosted by:
- The Association for the Study of Food and Society (ASFS)
- Agriculture Food & Human Values Society (AFHVS)
- Canadian Association for Food Studies (CAFS)
- Society for the Anthropology of Food & Nutrition (SAFN)
Each award also includes:
- The opportunity to present at the 2021 virtual conference;
- Free registration to the 2021 virtual conference (seeCall for Abstracts);
- A two-year membership in the Society;
- $300 cash prize (not available to students that are not U.S. citizens, due to IRS restrictions).
The committee may also choose to award honorable mentions, which do not include the monetary items.
See more details in the full Call for Papers.
Submission: Email to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday, February 21, 2021.
About Agriculture and Human Values, the Journal of the Agriculture, Food, and Human Values Society
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The current chair of the Student Paper Award Committee is Dr. Megan Horst, Portland State University, Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning.