APA FOOD includes members from local government staff and consultants, to professors and student who are interested in food system topics at the intersection of planning, food systems, economic development, sustainability and public health.
How to Get Involved
Membership in the APA FOOD Division is costs $25 annually and open to anyone with an interest in food systems planning. You do not have to be a member of the American Planning Association to become a member of APA FOOD, but can join the Division as a an affiliate or student member.
If you would like to become a member of APA FOOD and join our mailing list:
- Sign up to Join the Division
- Fill out this Email Signup Form
- Join the APA Food Division Group on LinkedIn
While this website provides a central place to access resources and information related to food systems planning, the APA FOOD group on LinkedIn provides an opportunity to engage in an on-going dialogue with members.
APA FOOD members enjoy a number of benefits, such as:
- Networking opportunities: Connect, interact, and share ideas and experiences with other professionals engaged in food systems planning
- Resources and information: Learn about innovative and current food systems planning research, practice and policy
- Professional development/mentoring opportunities: Access a variety of food systems planning educational trainings, workshops, webinars, and other activities; provide (or receive) professional mentoring for students and future food systems planners
- Collective action: Engage collectively with other planners to shape food policy
- Connect food systems planning research and practice: Collaborate with academics and practitioners to gauge food systems planning research and practice needs
- Shape the profession: Serve as a resource for APA and APA membership on food systems planning